Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Youth Art Month

Who knew March is designated as Youth Art Month? Not me, that is until I read the February issue of  Library Sparks. After reading that issue, I got to thinking. Why not host three after school activities involving an art project. I'm not an artist, so I had to turn to my friends at Pinterest and YouTube to help me out with some ideas. This week's lesson centered around Seurat and pointillism. The lesson went well, and I think the kids learned something.  For a display in the library, I featured biographies about famous artist as well as fiction literature.
 
Author Mike Venezia has written a series of biographies called Getting to Know the World's Greatest Artists.  Some of the greats he has written about include DaVinci, Monet, Picasso among many
others.  These books serve as a great introduction of artists to young readers.
 
                            
 
 
 
Happy Reading! (and Painting!)


No comments:

Post a Comment